Pages

Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Stalk Now, Confess Later

I finally met him. So I started off with the question I was dying to ask.

“Recently, you said that you stalk people on-line in your spare time. Why?”

“At best, it is curiosity. At worst, curiosity went wrong.”

“Wrong, in what way?”

“It would feel pretty gruesome afterwards, because I would not like what I find. However, by that time, it would be too late. And I keep on making the same mistake.”

He later claimed that he had no particular object of interest. He admitted, though, that his last target was his former lover, who recently tied the knot with someone whom he deemed far from worthy. “Still, I believe that I have dodged the bullet. I have seen the wedding pictures on Facebook. The bride looked hideous.”

I could not help pointing out to him that although on-line stalking is undeniably common these days, given the easy access of search engines and social media, he might have gone a little overboard.

“Maybe,” he replied matter-of-factly. “I believe that I am not supposed to scrutinise what I dislike about people just to make me feel good about myself. For the time being, though, I choose to see it as a bit of research that I must do before moving on to do something else, which may or may not be more worthwhile. We’ll see.”

photo taken from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment