Pages

Monday, June 02, 2014

The Very Thought of Caffeine

“It's like, we rarely talk because we were too busy getting laid, and suddenly I realised that we barely connected in any level, you know?”

It was a strange question to ask a virgin, but I immediately swallowed my objection and decided to stay silent, hesitantly handed him his cup of coffee.

“I don't know whether I should be glad or sad, when I say that there's nothing good coming out of this, other than great sex,” he said mournfully.

“But I remember you told me that it was pleasurable?”

“Yes, that’s true. It was pleasurable, and I was delusional. Yet just because it was delightful, doesn't mean it's real.”

I couldn't help but to be surprised. Coming from him, it was like the end of an era. This heartless bastard was finally beaten down, and I thought he deserved it. But does that matter now?

He sipped his caffeine and looked at me in the eye, as if he was trying to say, “I am okay.”

“Of course,” I replied, trying to imply that I agreed with him just so he would stop lying. It was heart-wrenching to watch that poor sod harming himself even further.

His heart does not tolerate coffee. But, since he was heartbroken now, so he thought, why bother anyway?

photo taken from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment